The Schwinn Discover hybrid bike for women is one of the best hybrid bikes under $1000 that you can buy today. Made by one of the oldest cycling companies in the world that is known for iconic brands such as the Picker, Krate, Phantom, Stingray, and Varsity series of bikes , the Schwinn company has for years made thrilling bikes for riders of all ages.
Who is the Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike For
The Schwinn is a hybrid women’s bicycle which means it is a combination of mountain and hybrid bike thus combining the best features of both worlds. A hybrid bike is usually great for someone who wants to either use the bike for commuting or for some light weight off road or pavement riding.
This is also a great women’s bike as it has been made to make it easier for women to ride with it’s step through frame. The bike is also great for beginners who want to test the waters and do not yet want to splurge on a 1000 dollar bike. The fact that it is very adjustable makes it perfect even for women as short as 5’2
Features of the Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike
- Cross-hybrid bike with a city frame made of aluminum
- Adjustable fork and swept back handlebars for comfort on the commute
- Shift gears with the Shimano TX-31 rear derailleur
- Schwinn alloy crank set
- Good stopping power with ProMax linear pull brakes
- Rear gear carrier and fenders
- Great response from the Schwinn suspension fork
- Comfortable padded saddle
- 21 speed SRAM gripshifters
Pros of the Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike
- It is a very beautiful bike that will always get compliments and admiring looks wherever it goes. Even when put beside bikes costing thousands the bike holds it’s own in terms of design given that it is a combination of a mountain bike and an urban city bike
- The Schwinn bike comes partially assembled and with the user manual it is very easy to assemble even for a person not very conversant with bikes. For instance, you do not have to make any adjustment to the brakes which come perfectly fitted so you can just start riding
- With it’s suspension fork and back sweep handlebar, it makes for a very smooth and comfortable ride. Add to it the back sweep handlebars and this is a great bike for commuting as it you will not get tired even if riding for long distances, unlike a road bike.
- As a commuter bike, it comes with all creature comforts such as wide fenders to keep off the mud and rear carrier for all you creature comforts while riding the city
- The Schwinn is a lightweight bike which means that you can use it for excursions to grass trails or use it like a cruiser on the beach without much trouble
- The Schwinn combines a Shimano rear derailleur and a 21 speed SRAM grip shifter which provides a wide range of speeds. This means you can take it for a leisurely ride on the weekends or really pedal hard and reach up to 22km/h when you are late for your commute.
- 21-speed SRAM grip shifter and Shimano rear derailleur mean that pedaling up a hill is easier. Alloy twist shifter compatible 4 finger brake levers
Cons of the Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike
- The bike frame is mostly oval in shape which can make it hard to strap on your water bottle holders and other things you might want to bring along.
- The fork may be a bit stiff at first and will need to be broken in overtime but it should become smoother the more you ride the bike
Schwinn hybrid bikes have a very good reputation since they can be ridden in all manner of terrain. They are excellent if you are looking for a book for weekend excursions or if you just want a daily commuter bike
There are several things to focus on that include:
Bike size: Since women tend to have smaller hadns, narrow shoulders and shorter torsos, an adjustable bike or one smaller in size than the men’s brand would be ideal
Handling: If you are a novice or are petite find something that handles better with smooth forks and easy to use brakes.
Pedaling and Seat comfort: Since women have smaller feet and smaller pelvic bones, it is critical to find wider comfortable saddles and saddles so as to reduce chafing and numbing
Biking as a woman can be challenging given that there aren’t many bikes out there made for women. With the Schwinn, you get a bike made for women as this bike is easy to use and adjust to your preferences. It is also a comfortable and easy to ride bike that you can take on both your commute and leisurely excursions.
If you need a bike that will help you get to work on time and still be great for the weekend, then get the Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike and you will never regret it. With its durability and affordable price point this is a bike that you will be using for years to come.